OBJ Exporter For AutoCAD®   ( Version: 2.5,   Updated Date: 07-April-2017)
This plugin available on Autodesk store too
Do you want to export your AutoCAD® model to an open OBJ file format? The OBJ Exporter for AutoCAD® does it for you. It exports the model to OBJ file. OBJ (or .OBJ) is a geometry definition file format first developed by WavefrontTechnologies. The file format is open and has been adopted by other 3D graphics application vendors. For the most part, it is a universally accepted format.
“OBJ Exporter” exports solid bodies to OBJ file:
- It supports colors.
- Option is provided to control the file size and quality by specifying precision value. Increasing precision value will increase the fineness and accuracy of the model as well as the file size.
- All the data is compressed which reduces the file size as much as possible.
Versions Supported : OBJ Exporter works with AutoCAD® 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016and
License Terms and Conditions:-
- The license is tied to one piece of hardware (machine). Once activated this license cannot be transferred to another machine.
- Your product activation key will be sent via email as soon as you complete the payment process.
- The activation will require internet connection. The internet connection is required only once for activation.
- If the machine is formatted for any reason, the license will have to be reactivated.
- The license is perpetual only for the downloaded version on the hardware which it is activated. While the current policy is to allow the updates for free, this may change in the future.
- While we will try to provide technical support, there are no committed warranties and support. We recommend that you evaluate our product to your satisfaction based on the free trials provided before making the purchase.
|Version||Release Date||What’s new|
|2.5||04/07/2017||1. Feature: Added control to adjust mesh quality from preferences dialog.|
|2.4||02/28/2017||1. Fixed: Incorrect OBJ file generated when exporting on a system with specific region settings (comma character is the decimal separator).|
|2.3||12/06/2016||1. Feature: Added option to flip and/or swap the axes of output. E.g. X, Y, Z coordinates can be output as -Y,X,-Z co-ordinates.|
|2.2||05/05/2016||1. Enhancement: Autodesk® AutoCAD® 2017 is now supported.|
|1.7||11/24/2015||1. Added support to export selected entities.|
|1.6||09/28/2015||1. Greatly simplified license activation process. Please note: Existing customers who have already activated the product will have to contact our support to request for a key for reactivation after installing this update.|
|1.5||05/12/2015||1. Fixed issue with license activation.|
|1.4||03/31/2015||1. Supports AutoCAD version 2016.|
|1.3||02/12/2015||1. Fixed: User who have different local settings (e.g. comma character as decimal separator) can now export valid OBJ files. 2. Trial period changes from 6 months to 10 times.|
|1.2||05/30/2014||1. Compatible with AutoCAD® 2015. 2. Trial period changes from 6 months to 5 times.|
|1.0||04/11/2014||1. Supports exporting solid bodies. 2. Supports colors. 3. Supports precision control.|
We are providing 10 trials of the plugin in which you can use full set of features without any limitations. You will need to activate this plugin after 10 trials.
For activation or any query, please contact at support@ProtoTechSolutions.com.
We are not supporting textures.
How To Use OBJ Exporter For AutoCAD® :
- Download and install OBJ Exporter plugin for AutoCAD®.
- Run AutoCAD® and Load a model.
- There’s a new tab on ribbon bar named as ‘OBJ’.
It contains following three ribbon buttons as shown in the image below.
After clicking here, a ‘Save As‘ dialog will display on our screen. A default file name will appear in the file name text box. You can edit this name. Click Save button to export the current model to HTML document.
It contains following options as shown in the image.
- Precision : You can control how accurately your model needs to be exported. If you need fine representation of the model, just check the “use Precision” check box and the slider will be enabled. You can slide and select the values from 0 to 15. Higher is the value, finer is the representation you will get and larger is the file size.Default is full precision.
- Export Normals : You can select whether you want to export normals or not.
It displays the information about product. It provides facility to activate your product license at any time from this control. After exporting, an HTML file will be generated and it can be viewed in the browser.
This is how it looks in the browser.
D) Export selected entities :
Make the selection before you hit the export button.
The following model shows whole model.
The following model shows selected entities after export. Please use suitable .obj viewer.