OBJ Exporter For NavisWorks®   ( Version: 2.3,   Updated Date: 04-Oct-2016)
This plugin available on Autodesk store too
The OBJ Exporter For Navisworks® has following features
- It supports both face level and body level material colors.
- There is an option to control the file size and quality by specifying precision value. Increasing precision value will increase the fineness and accuracy of the model as well as the file size.
- All the data is compressed which reduces the file size to as much as possible.
- The license is tied to one piece of hardware (machine). Once activated this license cannot be transferred to another machine.
- Your product activation key will be sent via email as soon as you complete the payment process.
- The activation will require internet connection. The internet connection is required only once for activation.
- If the machine is formatted for any reason, the license will have to be reactivated.
- The license is perpetual only for the downloaded version on the hardware which it is activated. While the current policy is to allow the updates for free, this may change in the future.
- While we will try to provide technical support, there are no committed warranties and support. We recommend that you evaluate our product to your satisfaction based on the free trials provided before making the purchase.
Version Supported : Navisworks® Version
2015, 2016, 2017.
License Terms and Conditions:-
|Version||Release Date||What’s new|
|2.5||04/10/2016||1. Added support of Navisworks 2017. 2. Solved issue of exporting large models.|
|1.2||08/10/2015||1. Fixed issue with license activation.|
|1.1||10/12/2014||1. Fixed bug related to global language.|
|1.0||06/12/2014||1. Supports exporting solid bodies. 2. Supports face level colors and body level colors.|
We are providing 10 trials of the plugin in which you can use full set of features without any limitations. You will need to activate this plugin after 10 trials.
For activation please contact at OBJForNW@ProtoTechSolutions.com.
We are not supporting textures in this version.
How to Use OBJ Exporter for Navisworks® :
- Download and install OBJ Exporter plugin for Navisworks®.
- Run Navisworks® and Load a model (part or assembly).
- There’s a new tab on ribbon bar named as ‘OBJ‘.
It contains following three ribbon buttons as shown in the image below.
After clicking here, a ‘Save As‘ dialog will display on our screen. A default file name will appear in the file name text box. You can edit this name. Click Save button to export the current model to HTML document.
It contains following options as shown in the image.
- Precision : You can control how accurately your model needs to be exported. If you need fine representation of the model, just check the “use Precision” check box and the slider will be enabled. You can slide and select the values from 0 to 15. Higher is the value, finer is the representation you will get and larger is the file size. Default is full precision.
- Export Normals : You can select whether you want to export normals or not. Default is set to export normals.
It displays the information about product. It provides facility to activate your product license at any time from this control. After exporting, an OBJ file will be generated.