WebGL Exporter for Inventor   ( Version: 184.108.40.206,   Updated Date: 21-March-2017)
This plugin available on Autodesk store too
It has following features:
- It exports the model to an HTML document that can be viewed in the browser.
- It supports both face-level and body-level material (color and texture).
- Option is provided to control the file size and quality by specifying precision value. Increasing precision value will increase the fineness and accuracy of the model as well as the file size.
- All the data is compressed which reduces the file size as much as possible.
Now WebGL/HTML models will get automatically embedded in selected template, how can this be done please click here
Versions Supported : WebGL Exporter works with Inventor 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018(Both Win 32 and 64 bit).
License Terms and Conditions:-
- The license is tied to one piece of hardware (machine). Once activated this license cannot be transferred to another machine.
- Your product activation key will be sent via email as soon as you complete the payment process.
- The activation will require internet connection. The internet connection is required only once for activation.
- If the machine is formatted for any reason, the license will have to be reactivated.
- The license is perpetual only for the downloaded version on the hardware which it is activated. While the current policy is to allow the updates for free, this may change in the future.
- While we will try to provide technical support, there are no committed warranties and support. We recommend that you evaluate our product to your satisfaction based on the free trials provided before making the purchase.
|Version||Release Date||What’s new|
|2.6||03/21/2017||1. Enhancement: Autodesk® Inventor® 2018 is now supported.|
|2.5||03/01/2017||1. Enhancement: supported instancing to reduce export time and file size.|
|2.4||12/20/2016||1. Fixed: Assemblies with same part names are now properly supported in the assembly tree.|
|2.3||06/01/2016||1. Enhancement: Inventor 2017 is now supported. 2. Enhancement: Improved texture support (added texture scaling). Please Note: Height and width of texture image should be in power of two (2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512....) in term of pixels, else tiling of image will not work. This is a limitation of WebGL.|
|2.1||05/18/2016||1. Feature: Supports HTML templates. WebGL models will get automatically embedded in selected template. 2. Enhancement: Export Surfaces. 3. Enhancement: Export Mirror objects.|
|1.7||12/24/2015||1. New Feature: Export background color (solid, gradient and image). This brings the exported model to almost WYSWYG! 2. New Feature: You can now export selected entities(Bodies from part file and parts from assembly file). Can be a huge time saver! 3. New Feature: Model tree can be now be optionally exported to WebGL. It will appear in a tree view form on a overlaid window. 4. Enhancement: You can now control the quality and size of the exported WebGL model. New export option added - Preferences ->Facet Tolerance.|
|1.6||09/16/2015||1. Greatly simplified license activation process. Please note: Existing customers who have already activated the product will have to contact our support to request for a key for reactivation after installing this update.|
|1.5||04/17/2015||1. Fixed issue with license activation.|
|1.4||04/09/2015||1. Supported Inventor version 2016.|
|1.3||02/04/2015||1. Fixed: User who have different local settings (e.g. comma character as decimal separator) can now export valid html files.|
|1.2||06/27/2014||1. Compatible with Autodesk® Inventor® 2015. 2. Trial period has changed from 6 months to 5 times.|
|1.0||04/11/2014||1. Supports exporting Solid bodies. 2. Supports exporting wired bodies. 3. Supports textures and materials 4. Supports face level colors and body level colors.|
We are providing 10 trials of the plugin in which you can use full set of features without any limitations. You will need to activate this plugin after 10 trials.
For any query or activation please contact at: support@ProtoTechSolutions.com.
We are not supporting the scaled textures. Default textures are supported.
How To Use WebGL Exporter For Inventor® :
- Download and install WebGL Exporter plugin for Inventor®.
- Run SolidWorks and Load a model (part or assembly).
- There’s a new tab on ribbon bar named as ‘WebGL‘.
After clicking here, a ‘Save As‘ dialog will display on our screen. A default file name will appear in the file name text box. You can edit this name. Click Save button to export the current model to HTML document.
It contains following options as shown in the image.
- Precision : You can control how accurately your model needs to be exported. If you need fine representation of the model, just check the “use Precision” check box and the slider will be enabled. You can slide and select the values from 0 to 15. Higher is the value, finer is the representation you will get and larger is the file size. Default is full precision.
- Tessellation : You can choose from Body level and face level. Default is face level..
- Export Textures : You can select whether you want to export textures or not. Default is set to export textures.
It displays the information about product. It provides facility to activate your product license at any time from this control. After exporting, an HTML file will be generated and it can be viewed in the browser.
This is how it looks in the browser.
D) Export selected entities :
Make the selection before you hit the export button.
The following model shows whole model.
The following model shows selected entities after export.
How to unblock plugin in Inventor 2017?