WebGL Exporter for   Solidworks®   ( Version: 18.104.22.168,   Updated Date: 25-June-2016)
Have you ever felt the need of converting your model to an HTML document so that you can view it in the browser? Or share it with anyone easily?
The WebGL Exporter for Solidworks®does it for you. It exports the model to an HTML document that can be viewed in the browser and shared with anyone for review irrespective of whether that person has the required design software or not.
It supports both face-level and body-level material (color and texture). Option is provided to control the file size and quality by specifying precision value. Increasing precision value will increase the fineness and accuracy of the model as well as the file size. You can choose whether you want to tessellate at the body-level or face- level. All the data is compressed which reduces the file size as much as possible.
Now WebGL/HTML models will get automatically embedded in selected template, how can this be done please click here
Version Supported: Solidworks Version
2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014,2015 and 2016 (Both Win 32 and 64 bit).
License Terms and Conditions:-
- The license is tied to one piece of hardware (machine). Once activated this license cannot be transferred to another machine.
- Your product activation key will be sent via email as soon as you complete the payment process.
- The activation will require internet connection. The internet connection is required only once for activation.
- If the machine is formatted for any reason, the license will have to be reactivated.
- The license is perpetual only for the downloaded version on the hardware which it is activated. While the current policy is to allow the updates for free, this may change in the future.
- While we will try to provide technical support, there are no committed warranties and support. We recommend that you evaluate our product to your satisfaction based on the free trials provided before making the purchase.
|Version||Release Date||What’s new|
|2.3||05/25/2016||1.Supports HTML templates. WebGL models will get automatically embedded in selected template.|
|1.7||09/15/2015||1.Changed license activation process.|
|1.6||05/08/2015||1. Licensing issue solved.|
|1.5||05/07/2015||1.Home View Supported in SolidWorks WebGL.|
|1.4||03/04/2015||1. Added support if a part has different configuration.|
|1.3||02/24/2014||1. Global Language Supported.|
You can try the plugin for 5 times for free. After that you need to activate the product. For any query or activation, please contact at support@ProtoTechSolutions.com
We are not supporting the scaled textures in this version. Default textures are supported.
How To Use WebGL Exporter For SolidWorks® :
- Download and install WebGL Exporter plugin for SolidWorks.®.
- Run SolidWorks and Load a model (part or assembly).
- There’s a new tab on ribbon bar named as ‘WebGL‘.
It contains following three ribbon buttons as shown in the image below.
After clicking here, a ‘Save As‘ dialog will display on our screen. A default file name will appear in the file name text box. You can edit this name. Click Save button to export the current model to HTML document.
It contains following options as shown in the image.
- Precision : You can control how accurately your model needs to be exported. If you need fine representation of the model, just check the “use Precision” check box and the slider will be enabled. You can slide and select the values from 0 to 15. Higher is the value, finer is the representation you will get and larger is the file size. Default is full precision.
- Tessellation : You can choose from Body level and face level. Default is face level..
- Textures : You can select whether you want to export textures or not. Default is set to export textures.
It displays the information about product. It provides facility to activate your product license at any time from this control. After exporting, an HTML file will be generated and it can be viewed in the browser.
This is how it looks in the browser.