Virtual RealityVR has been defined as " a realistic and immersive simulation of a three-dimensional environment, created using interactive software and hardware, and experienced or controlled by movement of the body" or as an "immersive, interactive experience generated by a computer." How does VR work? The single most recognized element of VR is the head mounted display (HMD). In VR, user's eyes are located within the simulated environment, unlike Augmented Reality in which computer uses sensors and algorithms to determine the position and orientation of the camera. Therefore when the user turns the head the graphics react too, creating a convincing and interactive world for the user. Project we have worked on VR @ 3D -
- VR app with stereoscopic effects : Team ProtoTech got an opportunity to work on 3D BIM VR project for one of our esteemed clients. We realized, that, while there were many 3D design software which helped you look at the model, the screen on which you saw it was still 2D. Therefore team ProtoTech was given a project to develop a VR app with stereoscopic effects which would allow the user to actually experience the architecture of the model in virtual 3D environment. The stereoscopic effect we created helps to render the scene in two viewports, one for each eye with the offset in the scene between the two viewpoints. Needless to say, our client was delighted with the app and Team ProtoTech challenged their limits to solve a new problem.
- VR for CAD Plugins: ProtoTech has added the VR feature to one of its plugin "WebGL Exporter For Revit". This plugin allows the user to convert CAD models to WebGL (.html). It is very easy to publish this WebGL/HTML file in your website, read more.
- Oculus VR
- Google Cardboard
- Microsoft’s Hololens
- Aircraft simulation, Space simulation. Military combat simulations.
- Engineering sectors use this for visualization of 3D models created on CAD domains.
- Medical sectors uses this to simulate surgical procedures for the trainee doctors.
- Gaming application developers are aiming to develop games for virtual reality.
How can ProtoTech help you with this technology?ProtoTech have developed real time projects for VR technology, and are very comfortable with it, we know about the tools required to build this application. If you are interested in getting any app developed, do contact us.
To know more about our project on AR @ 3D