Voice 360 App for Autodesk’s Forge Viewer on BIM 360
Voice 360 is an application which allows you to interact with Forge Viewer and BIM 360 model using voice. It provides voice recognition feature to execute Forge Viewer commands. With the help of microphone on your system, you can give commands instead of taking inputs from mouse and keyboard. This application seamlessly integrates with an existing system and can be extended with more commands as needed.
Currently Supported commands:
- Show/Hide [All / cube / model tree / setting/settings / home / property/properties / layer manager]:
This command can be used to toggle visibility of navigation cube/ model tree/ setting/home/property/layer manager/properties/settings present in viewer window
To show “model tree”, you have to say, “Show model tree” or “Hide model tree” or “Show cube”.
In case of 2D drawing, you can use, ‘show layer manager’ command
As the command name suggests, it is used to assemble or disassemble model
To explode or collapse model, you have to say, “explode” or “collapse”
- Isolate [“PartName”]:
Used to separate out & zoom fit a particular part of model in viewer
Let’s consider a part name of model in model browser is “Cabinet” then to isolate “Cabinet”, you have to say, “Isolate Cabinet”
- Select [“PartName”]:
Used to select & highlight a part of model in viewer
Let’s consider a part name of model in model browser is “Cabinet” then to isolate “Cabinet”, you have to say, “Select Cabinet”
- Set View [top/bottom/front/back/left/right]:
Used to set different views of model
To set view as top, say, “Set view top”
- Move/Pan [left/right/up/down]:
Used to move or pan model in left/right/up/down direction
If you want to pan/move model in left direction then you have to say, “Pan left”
Getting started with “Voice 360”:
- Browse link: https://dev.prototechsolutions.com:447/ps/voice360/index.html
- Login to your Autodesk account
- Wait for some time till the app fetches all your Autodesk’s hubs
- Select & load model from left panel
- When the model gets completely loaded, by default speech is enabled. Now you can start giving commands using your microphone.You can refer commands from ‘help’ button also provided in app
- Currently, only “Google Chrome” browser is supported. Support for other browsers might come in future.
- Only documents with at least one viewable version present are listed in left pan.