3D PDF Viewer is a lightweight 3d pdf document viewer with powerful capabilities. 3D PDF Viewer extends the use of 3D PDF to mobile devices by providing the user ability to view and interact with 3D PDF data directly on iPad and iPhone devices. User can easily zoom, pan and rotate 3D model with multi-touch gesture. Three sample pdf files are provided with application and it is also very easy to import custom models, app has been registered for open event so that user can directly use email attachment, web downloads, FTP, Dropbox, Google Drive, Box and any other cloud storage applications. 3D PDF Viewer is integrated with Box cloud storage through which user can directly browse their files in the application itself.
Some of the Common Features of 3D PDF viewer for iOS and Android are:-
- 3D PDF model rendering(.prc files).
- Supports meshes and colors.
- Multi-touch gestures like zoom, pan, rotate and fit to screen.
Apart from Common features, 3D PDF viewer for iOS has the following features:
- It supports BRep, Poly-BRep, Wire, Poly-Wire, Point-Set, Set type of Geometric Models.
- It supports file browsing form Box and Dropbox (Box and Dropbox cloud storage are natively integrated with the application).
- It can open password protected pdf files.
- It supports Instancing and Transparency.
The latest version is 1.0.3, released on 13-May-2015. To know more about the viewer, kindly reach out to us at 3DPDFViewer.ios@ProtoTechSolutions.com
3DPDF viewer for Android has the following features:
- It supports the BRep type of Geometric Models.
- It can directly browse files from device internal storage in the application itself.
- It supports orbit operation of off-centered models.
The latest version is 0.9.0, the Beta version released on 6-May-2015. To know more about the viewer, kindly reach out to us at 3DPDFViewer.Android@ProtoTechSolutions.com
We really hope that you all will find our 3D PDF Viewer application very useful in helping you share your 3D PDF files with many more designers now.
We still have plenty of exciting features to add to our app. Amongst them, few are:-
- Support U3D based 3D PDF.
- Support for compressed 3D tessellation data.
- Support for user selection.
- Support for vector and 2D Data.
Download links are:-
3DPDF viewer for iOS,
3DPDF viewer for Android,
We witnessed plethora of 3D file formats in the last decade of our work in visualization. Some are rich, but proprietary on the other hand. Some are readable, others have SDKs to access. Amongst all these, 3D PDF has emerged as a leading format which contains the benefits of most of them. The main advantages of 3D PDF format are
- It is an open format and published as ISO Standard.
- It has capability to store variety of data viz. 2D, 3D, visualization information, Geometric Model (BRep, Poly-BRep, Set, Point-Set, Wire, Poly-Wire), Product Structure, Product Manufacturing Info (PMI).
- It can contain Animations.
- It allows users to store scripts which can be invoked by the user. This gives ability to provide highly interactive documents.
- It’s ubiquitous Adobe Acrobat Reader is believed to be installed on 97% of world’s PC.
Our 3DPDF Viewer extends the use of 3D PDF to mobile devices by providing the user ability to view and interact with 3D PDF data directly on iOS and Android operating devices.