It has the following features:
- GLTF format 2.0.
- Both part and assembly models Export.
- User can control visibility of nodes.
- Texture Metalness and roughness of material.
- Wire data.
- Face level transparency.
- Default compression which helps reduce the file size as much as possible.
What are the license type and terms?
The license is subscription based, single machine-locked license or floating license. If the machine is formatted for any reason, the license will have to be reactivated (not repurchased). You can reactivate it by using the same key provided at the time of purchase and repeating the same steps used for the first-time activation.
Can I shift my license to other machines?
Single machine locked license :
The single machine-locked licenses are only activated for one and only one hardware.
You won’t be able to transfer this license to any other machine regardless of the reason (machine crash, hardware fault etc.).
You will have to purchase a new license if you want to run this plugin on any other machine.
Floating License :
The floating license has the facility to change the machine.
What about future updates of plugins or our CAD software? Are they included? Do we need to buy again, if the plugin is updated or there is a new version?
How will I receive the license?
- Your product activation key will be sent via email as soon as you complete the payment process.
- You may sometimes not get the invoice or license activation key immediately after your payment. There can be many reasons for it – some of them are as below:
- The transaction is still in process between various payment gateways.
- Even though you might have got a confirmation of payment processed, we might not have received the payment.
- The email might have been blocked by your spam server. Also, please note that the invoice and license email will be sent to the email id associated with your PayPal/payment gateway.
- Delays or technical issues with payment notification or email servers.
I have received the license key, how can I activate it now?
- ProtoTech plugin/product license activation requires the Internet connection.
- The Internet connection is required only once for activation.
- Plugin licensing mechanism need to access “https://spreadsheets.google.com” during online license activation.
- The Internet connection and rights to access above link should be allowed to Host CAD application. Because our plugin runs in host CAD application and inherits all the access rights from host CAD application.
- We recommend running a CAD application with ‘Administrator’ rights during license activation.
- You can test this by opening following link in any browser.
- If this link is not accessible due to non-availability of internet connection or some restriction by firewall rules, then manual license activation will be required.
- Manual license activation charges will be extra 30 USD. (i.e. Actual Plugin Cost + 30 USD )
Do you have automation licenses of CAD plugins?
- Yes, we do have automation licenses. You can refer to “Automation License” tab for more details.
- Here we export file directly from your program itself.
- Multiple exports can be done in one go.
- The cost of this license is Actual Plugin Cost + 50 USD.
- If interested please contact us at support@ProtoTechSolutions.com
What about warranty and technical support?
All licenses and invoice emails are sent automatically. Please check your Spam/Bulk email folders. In case of any issue or email not received please contact “email@example.com”. We will manually resend license and Invoice emails within one working day.
While we will try to provide technical support, there are no committed warranties and support. We recommend that you evaluate our product to your satisfaction based on the 7-Days free trial provided before making the purchase.
Automation and Scripting License for Standalone PCs
- A special ‘automation’ license feature is available for this plugin. With this license, you will be able to call a function from your plugin (on the same host application) and export the file without requiring a user intervention. Advantages are
1. You can provide a seamless file export experience to the users of your plugin
2. You can provide standard input parameters for export and avoid GUI.
- The cost of this license is actual plugin cost + 50 USD. i.e. 139 USD + 50 USD = 189 USD.
- To know how the automation license works and can be activated, please check the details here.
- If interested please contact us at support@ProtoTechSolutions.com
||1. Exports solid bodies to an GLTF file (.gltf).
2. Preference settings to adjust the file size and quality.
We are providing 7-Days free trials of the plugin in which you can use full set of features without any limitations. You will need to activate this plugin after 7-Days free trials.
For activation please contact at support@ProtoTechSolutions.com.
General Usage Instructions
1. Download and install GLTF Exporter plugin for Inventor.
2. Run Inventor and load a model.
3. There’s a new tool bar panel named as ‘ProtoTech GLTF’.
It contains three ribbon buttons as mentioned below.
After selecting the Export option, a ‘Save As’ dialog box will display on your screen.
Click on the Save button to export the current model to GLTF file.
It contains the options below.
- Precision: You can control how accurately your model needs to be exported. If you need fine representation of the model, just check the slider which will show the precision value. You can slide and select the values from 1 to 15. The higher the value is the finer the representation you will get and the larger the file size will be.
- Mesh Quality: You can control the mesh quality of the GLTF model. You can slide and select the value from 1 to 4. The higher the value the higher the tessellation of the exported model will be and the file size will be larger.
- Change File Format: You can export GLTF and GLB file by switching the selecting option.
It displays the information about the product and provides the facility to activate your product license at any time.
The installer that ran when you downloaded this app/plug-in from Autodesk App Store has already installed the app/plug-in.
You can unload the plugin without uninstalling it by unchecking the “Loaded/Unloaded” check box associated with the plugin in the Inventor Add-In Manager.
You may have to restart Inventor to completely unload the application.
To remove the plugin completely, Right Mouse Button click and uninstall the application using the Exchange App Manager tool, located on the Ribbons Tools tab > Options Panel.
To uninstall this plug-in, exit the Autodesk product if you are currently running it, simply rerun the installer, and select the “Uninstall” button.
OR, you can uninstall it from ‘Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features’ (Windows 7/8.1/10), just as you would uninstall any other application from your system.
After installation restart Inventor to see the changes.
You can unload the add-in without uninstalling it by clicking the “Stop” button when the add-in is selected in the list box on the “Add-Ins” tab of the “Scripts and Add-Ins” dialog.
Unchecking “Run on Startup” causes the add-in not to be loaded in future sessions of Inventor.
We do not support textures scaling and text in this version.
Current version supports exporting of 3D entities only, 2D entities are not yet supported.
This plugin available on Autodesk store too GLTF Exporter for Autodesk® Inventor®