What are the license type and terms?
The license is subscription based, single machine-locked license or floating license. If the machine is formatted for any reason, the license will have to be reactivated (not repurchased). You can reactivate it by using the same key provided at the time of purchase and repeating the same steps used for the first-time activation.
Can I shift my license to other machines?
Single machine locked license :
The single machine-locked licenses are only activated for one and only one hardware.
You won’t be able to transfer this license to any other machine regardless of the reason (machine crash, hardware fault, etc.).
You will have to purchase a new license if you want to run this plugin on any other machine.
Floating License :
The floating license has the facility to change the machine.
What about future updates of plugins or our CAD software? Are they included? Do we need to buy again, if the plugin is updated or there is a new version?
How will I receive the license?
- Your product activation key will be sent via email as soon as you complete the payment process.
- You may sometimes not get the invoice or license activation key immediately after your payment. There can be many reasons for it – some of them are as below:
- The transaction is still in process between various payment gateways.
- Even though you might have got a confirmation of payment processed, we might not have received the payment.
- The email might have been blocked by your spam server. Also, please note that the invoice and license email will be sent to the email id associated with your PayPal/payment gateway.
- Delays or technical issues with payment notification or email servers.
I have received the license key, how can I activate it now?
- ProtoTech plugin/product license activation requires the Internet connection.
- The Internet connection is required only once for activation.
- Plugin licensing mechanism need to access “https://spreadsheets.google.com” during online license activation.
- The Internet connection and rights to access the above link should be allowed to Host CAD application. Because our plugin runs in host CAD application and inherits all the access rights from a host CAD application.
- We recommend running a CAD application with ‘Administrator’ rights during license activation.
- You can test this by opening following link in any browser.
- If this link is not accessible due to non-availability of internet connection or some restriction by firewall rules, then manual license activation will be required.
- Manual license activation charges will be extra 30 USD. (i.e. Actual Plugin Cost + 30 USD )
Do you have automation licenses of CAD plugins?
- Yes, we do have automation licenses. You can refer to the “Automation License” tab for more details.
- Here we export file directly from your program itself.
- Multiple exports can be done in one go.
- The cost of this license is the Actual Plugin Cost + 50 USD.
- If interested please contact us at support@ProtoTechSolutions.com
What about warranty and technical support?
All licenses and invoice emails are sent automatically. Please check your Spam/Bulk email folders. In case of any issue or email not received please contact “firstname.lastname@example.org”. We will manually resend license and Invoice emails within one working day.
While we will try to provide technical support, there are no committed warranties and support. We recommend that you evaluate our product to your satisfaction based on the 7-Days free trial provided before making the purchase.
Automation and Scripting License for Standalone PCs
- A special ‘automation’ license feature is available for this plugin. With this license, you will be able to call a function from your plugin (on the same host application) and export the file without requiring a user intervention. Advantages are
1. You can provide a seamless file export experience to the users of your plugin
2. You can provide standard input parameters for export and avoid GUI.
- The cost of this license is actual plugin cost + 50 USD. i.e. 99 USD + 50 USD = 149 USD.
- To know how the automation license works and can be activated, please check the details here.
- If interested please contact us at support@ProtoTechSolutions.com
||Fixed: Issues in license mechanism
||Enhancement:Upgraded licensing system.
||Fixed: Model tree was getting broken sometimes.
||Fixed: Incorrect model tree for some part files.
||Fixed: Positions of some parts were incorrect in HTML file Exported from Inventor 2014.
||Enhancement: Added support for Autodesk Inventor 2019
||Fixed: WebGL file was exported with incorrect initial camera position in some cases.
|| Enhancement: Improved the user interface of navigation control, browser tree control and help text control.
|| Feature: Allow the user to set Preferences and export solids, surfaces and sketches.
Update: Updated technical support contact details.
|| Enhancement: supported instancing to reduce the export time and file size.
|| Fixed: Assemblies with same part names are now properly supported in the assembly tree.
|| Enhancement: 1. Inventor 2017 is now supported.
2. Improved texture support (added texture scaling).
Please Note: Height and width of texture image should be in power of two (2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512….) in term of pixels, else tiling of the image will not work. This is a limitation of WebGL.
|| Feature: Supports HTML templates. WebGL models will get automatically embedded in the selected template.
Enhancement: 1. Export Surfaces.
2. Export Mirror objects.
|| Feature: 1. Export background color (solid, gradient and image). This brings the exported model to almost WYSWYG!
2. You can now export selected entities(Bodies from the part file and parts from assembly file). Can be a huge time saver!
3. The model tree can now be optionally exported to WebGL. It will appear in a tree view form on an overlaid window.
Enhancement: You can now control the quality and size of the exported WebGL model. New export option added – Preferences ->Facet Tolerance.
|| Greatly simplified license activation process.
Please note: Existing customers who have already activated the product will have to contact our support to request for a key for reactivation after installing this update.
|| Fixed issue with license activation.
|| Supported Inventor version 2016.
|| Fixed: User who has different local settings (e.g. comma character as the decimal separator) can now export valid HTML files.
||1. Compatible with Autodesk® Inventor® 2015.
2. The trial period has changed from 6 months to 5 times.
||1. Supports exporting Solid bodies.
2. Supports exporting wired bodies.
3. Supports textures and materials
4. Supports face level colors and body level colors.
We are providing 7-Days free trial of the plugin in which you can use the full set of features without any limitations. You will need to activate this plugin after trials.
For activation, please contact at support@ProtoTechSolutions.com.
We are supporting body and face level colors and textures in this version.
How to WebGL Exporter For Inventor® :
- Download and install WebGL Exporter plugin for Inventor®.
- Run SolidWorks and Load a model (part or assembly).
- There’s a new tab on ribbon bar named as ‘WebGL‘.
- It contains following three ribbon buttons as shown in the image below :
Fig 1: Preferences 1
Fig 2: Preferences 2
Fig 3: About us (Version Number)
Fig 4: Buttons
Fig 5: Exported Model
This plugin available on Autodesk store too WebGL Exporter Inventor