ProtoTech Solutions is releasing its latest exporter plugin “JSON Exporter Navisworks V (184.108.40.206)” today.
JSON is an open-standard file format that uses human-readable text to transmit data objects consisting of attribute-value pairs and array data types (or any other serializable value). It is a very common data format used for asynchronous browser-server communication, including as a replacement for XML in some AJAX-style systems.
Features of JSON Exporter
- 5 version JSON format support
- Visibility of nodes
- There is always a default compression which helps reduces the file size as much as possible.
How does the product work?
- Download and install JSON Exporter plugin for Navisworks
- A new panel named ProtoTech JSON will get added in add-in tab
- Run Navisworks and Load a model (part or assembly)
- You can set the mesh quality for the exported JSON model
- For viewing exported JSON, you can go to link https://threejs.org/editor
Why use JSON Exporter?
JSON exported data can be very useful for game developers who want to render 3D graphics files of Autodesk (viz. *.dwg, *.dws, *.dxf) using three.js. Our plugin makes it easy to render 3D models directly into web applications.
“JSON is gaining a lot of popularity and is becoming is the format of choice when it comes to streaming 3D data across the web. The main advantages being compression and ease of read/write” says Rajesh Bhartiya, CEO of ProtoTech Solutions.
For more information on JSON Exporter for Navisworks, please visit here – http://bit.ly/2zw1WWN
Fig 1: View exported JSON model in three.js/editor
Fig 2: Preferences to provide control over the exported model to the users.
About ProtoTech Solutions
ProtoTech is a custom software solutions company with skills in
- Development of 2D/3D based Engineering applications
- 3D Desktop/Mobile/Web Visualization
- Engineering File formats & Data Interoperability
- Mobile/Web Engineering Apps Development
- AR/VR App Development
- Quality Assurance/Game Testing services