ProtoTech Solutions has released its latest version (v 3.1) of 3D PDF Exporter plugin for Autodesk Navisworks. This new version can export files which are up to 10 times smaller in size than earlier versions. At the same time, the speed of export is at least twice fast in many cases. We have added support for more entity types and model tree now matches with the Navisworks model tree. For more details, read on.
Feature of this release-
- Improvement in reducing the file size of the exported 3D PDF file:
The new algorithm removes the duplicate entities from exported PDF files. This change has reduced the PDF file size by 10 times for some files.Viz. Using our earlier version, one of the Navisworks models was exported in 3D PDF with the size of 109 MB. With the current version, the same Navisworks file is exported as 3D PDF file size is now 9MB
- No more missing entities: We have enhanced traversing algorithms. Now no entities/properties are missing. We are exporting all entities and their appropriate properties from Navisworks file to PDF file.
Fig. a: Shows the missing part, and color Fig. b: The model exported from the latest version.
- Improvement in model export time: The time required to export PDF file is reduced by 50% to 60% on an average
- Improved tree of exported model: The model tree entries in the exported PDF file are more accurate and appropriate, similar to Navisworks file.
Fig. c: The model tree without part names Fig. d: Shows model tree with the latest version
To know more about this release visit here: http://bit.ly/2o8SkOS
Why use ProtoTech’s 3D PDF Exporters?
- Supports face level colors and textures.
- You can set a password on the exported PDF file.
- Option to control the file size and quality by specifying the precision value.
- There is always a default compression which helps reduces the file size as much as possible.
- Supports Autodesk® Navisworks® 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018.
About ProtoTech Solutions
ProtoTech is a custom software solutions company with skills in
- Development of 2D/3D based Engineering applications.
- AR/VR Development
- 3D Desktop/Mobile/Web Visualization
- Engineering File formats & Data Interoperability Mobile/Web Engineering Apps Development
- Quality Assurance/Testing services